The Registrar vacancies are accredited registrar positions (RACP and ACEM) in Paediatric Emergency Medicine. The post is suitable for general paediatric trainees, paediatric trainees pursuing a sub-specialist career in paediatric emergency medicine or emergency medicine trainees.
RACP Advanced trainees in General Paediatrics must complete 6 months of Acute Paediatrics. Sunshine Hospital ED is accredited for Acute Paediatrics for this requirement.
Sunshine Hospital Emergency manages approximately 22,000 patients who are under 17 years of age. The successful applicant(s) will assess and manage paediatric patients in Sunshine ED. Roster does not include nights – evenings to 2300 and weekends are included.
Notable features of the department and position include:
- Paediatric and Emergency Consultant cover
- Experience required
- Minimum of one year Paediatric experience for Paediatric trainees.
- Minimum of one year Emergency experience for Emergency Medicine trainees.
- Supervision of Residents seconded from the Royal Children’s Hospital and from Western Health is a vital part of the post
- Protected non-clinical time and involvement in administration, education and/or research is encouraged.
- Research Opportunities
- Paediatric campus of the Joseph Epstein Centre for Emergency Medicine Research
- Active member of the PREDICT network for Paediatric Emergency Medicine Research.
- Active teaching programs in place including: quarterly one-day PLS course, weekly teaching sessions, weekly radiology review sessions, bi-monthly Paediatric Emergency Medicine seminar, development of Paediatric Simulation in a dedicated simulation centre
- This position lends itself to Job sharing
All Applicants must ensure that you attach the completed Application Form (attached) online with your Cover Letter and CV at the time of submitting your application.
Please ensure that the Referee Assessment Form (attached) is downloaded and forwarded to three (3) Referees for completion. The completed form is to be returned via fax to Western Health as close as possible to the nominated Closing Date as this is a very important step in the shortlisting process.